23 October 2005

Harry Potter

Right. So I was a little late to jump on the whole Harry Potter bandwagon & just started reading the books a couple weeks ago. One of those "don't want to do it because it's popular" type things, and then I realized that was stupid and heard from a lot of people whose taste I trust that they were good, so I started reading them. Have to say I really enjoyed them, finished the 6th book today, and since I've been reading them basically one right after another, I find it disappointing that I'll have to wait until the 7th book comes out before finding out what happens in the end. I think the 5th book would have to be my favorite, I really like how dark it is and how quickly it starts. The 6th is a close second and then the 4th, 3rd, 2nd and finally the first book.

Anyway, guess the point is that not doing something just because it's popular is stupid, because there's probably a reason it's popular (although I have to retract that logic when it comes to pop music and reality TV....).

No comments: