20 April 2006

Joan Miro's birthday

Today, April 20th is the Spanish surrealist painter Joan Miro's birthday. Google is doing their cool "Google Art" thing so I thought I'd post something as well. He was born in 1893 in Barcelona, studied in Spain for awhile before moving to Paris where he really developed his surrealist style.


I'm a big fan of his paintings and like him even more because he's one of the few artists whom I've been lucky enough to see original paintings by in a museum I was at a while ago in Vienna. That always makes me biased towards an artist. In that same museum there were several Kandinsky paintings who, for me, ranks up in my top five of all time.

If you get a chance today, do some searching on Joan Miro, he's got some really cool stuff out there.

above picture taken from this site

No comments: