24 July 2006

seriously though... where have you been?

A lot of work and a lot of band gigs.

For those of you who don't know - I'm in a couple bands, and work full time at a local engineering company. The last couple weeks I've had a bevy of gigs with my two bands - Second Wind (an eclectic rock, blues & boogie band) and Michael Waido (we like to call ourselves wuss rock, because the chicks dig it...).

The last month has been great for Second Wind - we've played some great gigs in Old Town and also a couple gigs down at Thunder Mountain Harley Davidson which landed us a spot at the main Harley Fest over Labor Day!

The big news with the Michael Waido Band has been that we've been fortunate enough to have my good buddy Eddy Miller back with us over the summer to jam some fiddle in with our regular wuss rock to give us a little bit of an edge. Eddy, Pete and I have worked up Charlie Daniels' "Devil Went Down to Georgia" which the crowd seems to really get into - I think it has to do with Pete. We've been playing Lucky Joe's and our new bar you can find us at - Chug's Pub - to rave reviews... admittedly by the time we ask our fans for reviews at the end of the night many of them are three sheets to the wind, but we'll take it :) Our "hell or highwater" drummer - Pete Carlson - is leaving us at the end of the month for a job at Barnes & Noble in Rotchester, MI - so that's a total bummer. If you know a good drummer who a cool guy to hang out with and looking for a band, let me know. Other than that - we'll be rocking the house, headlining the Starlight on August 4th - it's a requirement that everybody come out that night - it'll rock the socks off any Partridge Family show you've been to.

Work is still going well, saving more money than I spend (although not as much as I'd like) so I guess that's all you can hope for.

Other than that, hanging out with old friends and always meeting new ones - a better life I could not ask for (with the hopes of getting...)

That's it for now, I will make it a point to post more often than once every month.

Dave

No comments: