31 December 2005

New music

Recently a friend of mine and I have been turning each other on to different artists and different types of music, and because of that I've discovered some amazing stuff. I know that I can put all the bands that I'm into on my profile page, but there's so little room, and that's for the stuff that I've been into for quite some time. I'm not going to review any of these artists (already did that for the new John Mayer album), but thought I'd just mention some stuff if anybody wants to check them out.

KT Tunstall - just got her CD in the mail yesterday, so its been in my CD player pretty much constantly, with a short reprise of the Very Best of the Beta Band. She's a Scottish singer/songwriter with an amazing voice akin to Susan Tedeschi and a solid guitarist. Good stuff, really laid back chill music. The CD I bought is "Eye to the Telescope"

The Beta Band - Seen "High Fidelity"? There's a quote from John Cusack: "I will now sell five copies of the three EPs by The Beta Band" ... later someone in the store asks "Who is this?" "The Beta Band" "It's good" "I know."
Check them out. They're good.

Mates of State - Crazy band from San Francisco, the happiest music I've ever listened to. You just put it on and you smile.

Diegos Umbrella - Four piece group out of the bay area. The first time I heard them I described it as underground music I would expect to hear in an funky coffee house in downtown Philly (or I guess San Francisco). Really chill acoustic stuff with some spanish influence, hip-hop, and pop. Good music.

No comments: