28 January 2006

End of an Era


Thursday night I went down to Boulder to see the last Newcomers Home show ever. I've been following these guys and have been a huge fan ever since I saw them open up for Seven Nations three years ago on Valentines Day. Since then, I've seen them play a ton of shows and have a ton of great memories. Small acoustic shows in Nederland, Boulder, Fort Collins, shows with the full band at Octoberfests, Irish Fest in Denver, and of course a ton of great shows at the Boulder Theatre.
Thursday's show topped them all. You could tell they were having a great time up there and got pretty emotional during several songs knowing that this was an end of an era for them. They played from 8:00 to 11:30 and played a lot of their older songs off of their first two CDs that I had never heard live, so that was a special treat for me. Looking throughout the crowd you could see several people dancing a singing along to all of the songs that they all knew.


It'll be sad not to see the band as a whole again, but I wish all the best of luck to Katie on her solo work in Nashville, Tim & Laurie with The Blackthorn Project, Andrew with his concentration on session work where ever that may take him, and Scott & Brian with all of their side projects.
Thanks to all of you for several great years - I'll always be a fan.

No comments: