22 January 2006

Trip to Omaha

So a couple weeks ago my family and I drove to Omaha, NE to see our relatives, do a belated Christmas and drop my little sister off for her second semester of her sophomore year at NU. Not counting this year, I have spent Christmas with all of our family in Omaha every year of my life. This was the first year that we spent Christmas here in Fort Collins just with my immediate family. It was a really nice relaxing time, especially considering the gorgeous weather we had over the weekend.

Then a couple weeks later we left for Omaha to see everybody that we didn't get to see for Christmas. It was great seeing everybody and was nice to have just a relaxing setting where we really didn't have to do anything, and our sole purpose was just to see the family. We even got to celebrate Christmas again at my Grandpas place because he postponed his Christmas until we came out there.

We got to Omaha on a Thursday, and then Sunday drove down to Lincoln to help my sister move back into her apartment. That was a lot of fun, especially helping your little sister move into an apartment for her sophomore year in college! Crazy how time flys. When we got to her place (it's not exactly dorms, more like an apartment building on campus) we found out her roommate was moving out and transferring schools (without telling my sister at all...). But apparently that didn't work out so well because she was back the next night....


Overall the trip was a lot of fun, got to bring my CD to a bunch of my relatives so they could finally hear the band, got to see where my sister is living, and got to take a few relaxing days off of work.

(The pic is my sister and I in her kitchen while she was putting new Christmas gifts away.)

No comments: