04 November 2005

"Bottle Rocket" review

Alright, time for another movie review.

First of all, I want to say that I am a huge Wes Anderson fan, so I'm a bit biased. If you've seen one of his movies and you don't like it, you probably won't like this one too much. My roommate left after half of an hour.
But I loved it.

I give it 8 out of 10 stars. The first movie that Owen Wilson & Wes Anderson wrote together and already you can tell the unique writing and direction. Luke Wilson is great in it, and I love how he plays out the first scene. The so-called "escape" from the hospital really sets the scene for the entire movie. Owen Wilson does a great job as an all out go getter with a never say quit attitude who things never quite work out for. I love the scene with him in his yellow jump suit on the dirt bike.

"On the run from Johnny Law. It's no trip to Cleveland"

No comments: